Power Systems Engineer
Position Based Online, the software arm of Stark Drive is a major engineering and Manufacturing group with a reputation for building affordable transportation solutions for our clients. Due to a major expansion we have immediate need for a hands-on and talented Power System Engineer/Developer to join our team.
- Assist in defining requirements for distribution and transmission systems operations and planning software tools and applications
- Code in C++ and Java analytical applications and integrations
- Prepare testing scripts and scenarios for the analytical applications and integrations
- Lead analytical algorithm QA efforts
- Write professional quality proposals, requirements, use cases, and functional specification documents
- Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering with power systems concentration. Emphasis on distribution and transmission modeling and analysis including state estimation and power flow, short circuit analysis, optimization, economics and/or electric energy markets is preferred.
- 2-5 years of work or related experience as a power systems engineer or similar
- Hands-on software development knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with current software languages, application code design, and writing (Java / C / C++ / Fortran / Python preferred)
- Designing, coding, testing and debugging software enhancements and modifications
- Internal and external client support
- Understanding of steady-state power system analysis
- Understanding of linear and quadratic programming applied to steady-state power system models
- Understanding of the Common Information Model (CIM) standard and related standards
- Ability to quickly analyze and implement software requirements for new product features
- Prior experience with deployment or operation of distribution automation equipment, distribution management systems, outage management systems, asset management systems, planning and analysis systems, SCADA, DSM, smart grid technologies and tools, distribution information and control systems is a plus
- Prior experience and/or familiarity with substation automation/integration distribution systems, application of new metering devices, meter programming and diagnostic software, remote and automatic meter reading systems, substation and inter-tie metering, distribution dispatch methods, electric distribution operating equipment and procedures, and field switching practices is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary and Benefits
Stark Drive LLC offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Stark Drive LLC also offers five weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, retirement plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Stark Drive LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Stark Drive
Stark Drive LLC is a developer and manufacturer of electric based transportation solutions. We are a company that provides innovative solutions to end users, companies and governments to help move people around. Founded in 2016 with offices in the USA, Prototyping facilities in Europe as well as Manufacturing facilities in China, Stark Drive and its employees work from global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Every day, Stark Drive employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable world tomorrow.